ATV ENGINE DYNO TECHNICIAN
SUMMARY: Perform standardized, prescribed, and diverse test assignments on the engine dynamometer. Install, test, and make modifications to the engines, exhaust, intake or fuel systems as prescribed by engine group. Prepare reports and maintain records on the tests conducted. Maintain engine dyno and facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform Standardized, prescribed or diverse test assignments on the engine dynamometer.
- Make modifications to the engines, exhaust, intake or fuel system as prescribed.
- Recommend changes or features that improve engine function.
- Prepare preliminary test results and reports for approval.
- Fabricate and assemble prototype components and engines for review and testing.
- Effectively communicate with engineers and managers to discuss schedules, component issues, development needs, maintenance needs, and test results.
- Carry out field and laboratory test plans and procedures specified by engineering on a timely basis.
- Assure completeness, accuracy, and maintain accurate records of prototype and development engines.
- Maintain required current engine parts inventory for dyno development needs.
- Specify and maintain dyno equipment.
- Perform and document regular scheduled maintenance for equipment.
- Flexible work hours with overtime will be required occasionally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have 4-stroke engine knowledge.
- Knowledge of engine development instrumentation and test equipment.
- Proficient in verbal and written communication skills and capable of using PC based spreadsheet and word processing systems.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with people.
- Works independently with limited supervision.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 2 year technical degree or equivalent experience.
- Education or experience in working with 4-Stroke engines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1.Capable of riding ATV in a wide variety of conditions.
2.Capable of lifting 100 lbs.