ATV/ ROV / WC Accessories Coordinator
This position will be responsible to research, recommend, coordinate, and execute approved product plans and activities related to current and future select group of ATV, Prowler, and Wildcat machine accessories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate with external engineering firms, as well as internal, to develop product concepts, prototypes, relating testing and final products. Includes developing tooling and cap-ex budget contributions.
- Coordination with engineers and the Multimedia Department to oversee completion of all installation instructions and ensure timely availability.
- Ensure accurate accessory application and related information is correct in parts manuals, catalogs, order forms, Arctic Store, etc
- Coordinate the machine accessories section of the Catalog including travel to studio and location photo shoots.
- Maintain accurate records of current, new and potential accessories.
- Coordinate with suppliers to negotiate prices, terms and conditions.
- Be knowledgeable about industry competitors, their products and marketing methods.
- Assist as required on projects such as sales meetings, dealer shows, seminars, etc.
- Will travel approximately 2-4 weeks per year.
- Maintain sales, unit data, trends and activities.
- Ability to solve mechanical / electrical problems and develop product and process solutions. Strong sense of mechanical product design as well as industrial design.
- Utilize and improve procedures and processes to increase product development quality, speed, & design while lowering costs.
- Ability to negotiate prices, terms, & conditions and deal with conflict effectively.
- Driven to accomplish projects, improve margins, as well as sense, prove, and pursue opportunities.
- Decision Maker
- Willingness to accept responsibility for decisions and make them on a timely basis.
- Strong organizational skills are required, will be simultaneously managing development of 20-30 products from start to finish, along with other tasks.
- Required to be an active outdoor motor sports enthusiast capable of doing basic vehicle / mechanical repairs.
- Excel spreadsheet skills or ability and affinity to develop are required. Basic knowledge of physics required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Ability to express ideas and positions verbally as well as visually through sketches. Present product to DSM’s, dealers, and consumers.
- High school diploma is required. Post-secondary education or technical experience in a related field preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of Arctic Cat wheeled products and Arctic Cat accessories as well as OEM and aftermarket competitors.
- Experience and knowledge of wheeled products and related accessories via a past work history involving manufacturing engineering, marketing or retail.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to actively participate in the evaluation, testing and development of the company products in all types of environment conditions. Must be able to stand up to 2 hours on concrete surfaces and be able to meet the OSHA weight lifting standards.